Crane Duty Helical Equipment Boxes
Satisfactory performance of the gearbox depends upon correct selection. Selecting a gear unit is influenced by the course of duty of the crane that ought to be determined and specified. Single, Double and Triple stage Horizontal equipment units type HA, HB and HC are suggested for Hoist and Long Travel drive. Three stage vertical gear devices type VC are recommended for cross travel drives of the EOT crane. Assembly arrangement should be specified while buying the gear units.
1. Compute the required reduction ratio.
2. Determine the horsepower necessary for the prime mover.
3. Refer to the rating desk, find in the ratio column and predicated on input rpm check the gear box ranking horizontally for various class of duty of the crane.
4. The size ought to be selected such that the rated HP is equal or more than the consumed HP.
1. Decide on a unit to transmit 9 HP from 720 rpm electric electric motor for hoist drive in a course II duty crane, the reduction ratio required is 31.50.
· For hoist drive a two stage horizontal gearbox type HB will become suitable.
· Start to see the ratio column and in the size HB-350, for input rpm of 720 in course II duty the rated HP is 9.5
· Because the consumed HP is certainly 9, the unit HB-350 will end up being suitable.
2. Decide on a unit to transmit 3 HP from 960 rpm electric engine for cross travel drive in a class IV duty crane, the reduction ratio required is 14.26.
· For cross travel drive, a vertical gearbox type VC will become suitable.
· See the ratio column and in the size VC – 32Q, for input rpm of 960 in class IV duty the ranked HP is 3
Have an interest about the crane duty helical gearbox?