RV series Worm Geared Motor Characteristics
- RV – Sizes:–150
- Input Options: with input shaft, With Square flange,With Input Flange
- Input Power 0.06 to 11 kW
- RV-Size from 030 to 105 in die-cast aluminium alloy budy and over 110 in cast iron
- Ratios between 5 and 100
- Max torque 1550 N.m and admissible output radial loads max 8771 N
- Aluminium units are supplied complete with synthetic oil and allow for universal mounting positions, with no need to modify lubricant quantity
- Worm wheel: Copper (KK Cu).
- Loading capacity in accordance with: ISO 9001:2015/GB/T 19001-2016
- Size 030 and over are painted with RAL 5571 blue
- Worm gear reducers are available with diffferent combinations: NMRV+NMRV, NMRVpower+NMRV, JWB+NMRV
- NMRV, NRV+VS,NMRV+AS,NMRV+VS,NMRV+F
- Options: torque arm, output flange, viton oil seals, low/high temperature oil filling/drain/breather/level plug.
ZheJiang CHINAMFG Drive Co.,Ltd,the predecessor was a state-owned military mould enterprise, was established in 1965. CHINAMFG specializes in the complete power transmission solution for high-end equipment manufacturing industries based on the aim of “Platform Product, Application Design and Professional Service”.
Starshine have a strong technical force with over 350 employees at present, including over 30 engineering technicians, 30 quality inspectors, covering an area of 80000 square CHINAMFG and kinds of advanced processing machines and testing equipments. We have a good foundation for the industry application development and service of high-end speed reducers & variators owning to the provincial engineering technology research center,the lab of gear speed reducers, and the base of modern R&D.
Quality:Insist on Improvement,Strive for Excellence With the development of equipment manufacturing indurstry,customer never satirsfy with the current quality of our products,on the contrary,wcreate the value of quality.
Quality policy:to enhance the overall level in the field of power transmission
Quality View:Continuous Improvement , pursuit of excellence
Quality Philosophy:Quality creates value
3. Incoming Quality Control
To establish the AQL acceptable level of incoming material control, to provide the material for the whole inspection, sampling, immunity. On the acceptance of qualified products to warehousing, substandard goods to take return, check, rework, rework inspection; responsible for tracking bad, to monitor the supplier to take corrective
measures to prevent recurrence.
4. Process Quality Control
The manufacturing site of the first examination, inspection and final inspection, sampling according to the requirements of some projects, judging the quality change trend;
found abnormal phenomenon of manufacturing, and supervise the production department to improve, eliminate the abnormal phenomenon or state.
5. FQC(Final QC)
After the manufacturing department will complete the product, stand in the customer’s position on the finished product quality verification, in order to ensure the quality of
customer expectations and needs.
6. OQC(Outgoing QC)
After the product sample inspection to determine the qualified, allowing storage, but when the finished product from the warehouse before the formal delivery of the goods, there is a check, this is called the shipment inspection.Check content:In the warehouse storage and transfer status to confirm, while confirming the delivery of the
product is a product inspection to determine the qualified products.
|Application:||Machinery, Agricultural Machinery|
|Function:||Distribution Power, Change Drive Torque, Change Drive Direction, Speed Changing, Speed Reduction|
|Hardness:||Hardened Tooth Surface|
|Installation:||Flange, Shaft, Torque Arm|
Is it Possible to Reverse the Direction of a Worm Gearbox?
Yes, it is possible to reverse the direction of a worm gearbox by changing the orientation of either the input or output shaft. However, reversing the direction of a worm gearbox can have some implications that need to be considered:
- Efficiency: Reversing the direction of a worm gearbox can potentially affect its efficiency. Worm gearboxes are typically more efficient in one direction of rotation due to the design of the worm and worm wheel.
- Backlash: Reversing the direction of rotation might lead to increased backlash or play in the gearbox, which can impact precision and smooth operation.
- Lubrication: Depending on the gearbox’s design, reversing the direction could affect lubrication distribution and lead to uneven wear on the gear teeth.
- Load: Reversing the direction might also impact the gearbox’s load-carrying capacity, especially if it’s designed for predominantly one-way operation.
- Noise and Vibration: Direction reversal can sometimes result in increased noise and vibration due to changes in gear engagement and meshing behavior.
If you need to reverse the direction of a worm gearbox, it’s advisable to consult the gearbox manufacturer’s guidelines and recommendations. They can provide insights into whether the specific gearbox model is suitable for reversible operation and any precautions or adjustments needed to ensure proper functioning.
Energy Efficiency of a Worm Gearbox: What to Expect
The energy efficiency of a worm gearbox is an important factor to consider when evaluating its performance. Here’s what you can expect in terms of energy efficiency:
- Typical Efficiency Range: Worm gearboxes are known for their compact size and high gear reduction capabilities, but they can exhibit lower energy efficiency compared to other types of gearboxes. The efficiency of a worm gearbox typically falls in the range of 50% to 90%, depending on various factors such as design, manufacturing quality, lubrication, and load conditions.
- Inherent Losses: Worm gearboxes inherently involve sliding contact between the worm and worm wheel. This sliding contact generates friction, leading to energy losses in the form of heat. The sliding action also contributes to lower efficiency when compared to gearboxes with rolling contact.
- Helical-Worm Design: Some manufacturers offer helical-worm gearbox designs that combine elements of helical and worm gearing. These designs aim to improve efficiency by incorporating helical gears in the reduction stage, which can lead to higher efficiency compared to traditional worm gearboxes.
- Lubrication: Proper lubrication plays a significant role in minimizing friction and improving energy efficiency. Using high-quality lubricants and ensuring the gearbox is adequately lubricated can help reduce losses due to friction.
- Application Considerations: While worm gearboxes might have lower energy efficiency compared to other types of gearboxes, they still offer advantages in terms of compactness, high torque transmission, and simplicity. Therefore, the decision to use a worm gearbox should consider the specific requirements of the application, including the trade-off between energy efficiency and other performance factors.
When selecting a worm gearbox, it’s essential to consider the trade-offs between energy efficiency, torque transmission, gearbox size, and the specific needs of the application. Regular maintenance, proper lubrication, and selecting a well-designed gearbox can contribute to achieving the best possible energy efficiency within the limitations of worm gearbox technology.
Lubrication Requirements for a Worm Gearbox
Lubrication is crucial for maintaining the performance and longevity of a worm gearbox. Here are the key considerations for lubricating a worm gearbox:
- Type of Lubricant: Use a high-quality, high-viscosity lubricant specifically designed for worm gearboxes. Worm gearboxes require lubricants with additives that provide proper lubrication and prevent wear.
- Lubrication Interval: Follow the manufacturer’s recommendations for lubrication intervals. Regularly check the gearbox’s temperature and oil condition to determine the optimal frequency of lubrication.
- Oil Level: Maintain the proper oil level to ensure effective lubrication. Too little oil can lead to insufficient lubrication, while too much oil can cause overheating and foaming.
- Lubrication Points: Identify all the lubrication points on the gearbox, including the worm and wheel gear surfaces. Apply the lubricant evenly to ensure complete coverage.
- Temperature: Consider the operating temperature of the gearbox. Some lubricants have temperature limits, and extreme temperatures can affect lubricant viscosity and performance.
- Cleanliness: Keep the gearbox and the surrounding area clean to prevent contaminants from entering the lubricant. Use proper filtration and seals to maintain a clean environment.
- Monitoring: Regularly monitor the gearbox’s temperature, noise level, and vibration to detect any signs of inadequate lubrication or other issues.
Proper lubrication will reduce friction, wear, and heat generation, ensuring smooth and efficient operation of the worm gearbox. Always refer to the manufacturer’s guidelines for lubrication specifications and intervals.
editor by CX 2023-09-22