NMRV40 Worm Gearbox Worm Gear Speed Reducer Helical Worm Gear Worm Gear Motor 12v High Torque
1. Light in weight and non-rusting
2. Smooth in the running, can work a long time in dreadful conditions
3. High efficiency, low noise
4. Good-looking in appearance, durable in service life, and small in volume
Specification for worm gearbox:
|Model||030 ~ 063|
|Power||0.06kw ~ 4kw|
|Input speed||750rpm ~ 2000rpm|
|Reduction ratio||1/5 ~ 1/100|
|Input motor||AC (1 phase or 3 phase) / DC / BLDC / Stepper / Servo|
|Output shaft||Solid shaft / Hollow shaft / Output flange…|
|Dimension standard||Metric size / Inch size|
|Material of housing||die-cast aluminum / Cast iron / Stainless steel|
|Accessories||Flange / CHINAMFG shaft / Torque arm / Cover …|
Q: Can you make the gearbox with customization?
A: Yes, we can customize as promised, like flange, shaft, configuration, material, etc.
Q: Do you provide samples?
A: Yes. The sample is available for testing.
Q: What is your MOQ?
A: It is 10pcs for the beginning of our business.
Q: What’s your lead time?
A: Standard products need 5-30days, a bit longer for customized products.
Q: Do you provide technical support?
A: Yes. Our company has a design and development team, and we can provide technical support if you
Q: How to ship to us?
A: It is available by air, sea, or train.
Q: How to pay the money?
A: T/T and L/C are preferred, with different currencies, including USD, EUR, RMB, etc.
Q: How can I know if the product is suitable for me?
A: >1ST confirm drawing and specification >2nd test sample >3rd start mass production.
Q: Can I come to your company to visit?
A: Yes, you are welcome to visit us at any time.
Q: How shall we contact you?
A: You can send an inquiry directly, and we will respond within 24 hours.
Estimated freight per unit.
|To be negotiated|
|Function:||Change Drive Torque, Speed Reduction|
Calculating Gear Ratio in a Worm Reducer
The gear ratio in a worm reducer is determined by the number of teeth on the worm wheel (also known as the worm gear) and the number of threads on the worm shaft. The gear ratio formula for a worm reducer is:
Gear Ratio = Number of Teeth on Worm Wheel / Number of Threads on Worm Shaft
For example, if the worm wheel has 60 teeth and the worm shaft has a single thread, the gear ratio would be 60:1.
It’s important to note that worm reducers have an inherent self-locking property due to the angle of the worm threads. As a result, the gear ratio also affects the mechanical advantage and the system’s ability to resist backdriving.
When calculating the gear ratio, ensure that the worm reducer is properly designed and that the gear ratio aligns with the desired mechanical characteristics for your application. Additionally, consider factors such as efficiency, load capacity, and speed limitations when selecting a gear ratio for a worm reducer.
Worm Gearbox Applications in Robotics and Automation
Worm gearboxes play a crucial role in various robotics and automation applications due to their unique characteristics and benefits. Here are some common applications where worm gearboxes are used:
- Robotic Arm Movement: Worm gearboxes are employed in robotic arms to provide precise and controlled movement. The self-locking property of worm gearboxes helps maintain the arm’s position without requiring additional brakes.
- Conveyor Systems: In automated production lines, worm gearboxes are used to drive conveyor belts and move materials or products along assembly lines with accuracy.
- Precision Positioning: Worm gearboxes are used in precision positioning systems, such as those found in pick-and-place robots and CNC machines. They ensure accurate and repeatable movements.
- Pan and Tilt Mechanisms: Worm gearboxes are utilized in pan and tilt mechanisms of surveillance cameras, robotic cameras, and sensors. The self-locking feature helps stabilize and maintain the desired angle.
- Automated Gates and Doors: Worm gearboxes are used in automated gate and door systems to control their opening and closing movements smoothly and safely.
- Material Handling: Robots in warehouses and distribution centers use worm gearboxes to manipulate and lift objects, enhancing efficiency in material handling.
- Medical Robotics: Worm gearboxes are employed in medical robots for surgical procedures, diagnostic equipment, and rehabilitation devices, ensuring precise and controlled movements.
- Industrial Robots: Industrial robots rely on worm gearboxes for various tasks, including welding, painting, assembly, and packaging, where precise movements are essential.
- Automated Testing Equipment: In testing and inspection applications, worm gearboxes provide the necessary movement and positioning for accurate testing and measurements.
- Food and Beverage Industry: Worm gearboxes are used in automated food processing and packaging systems, ensuring hygienic and precise movement of products.
Worm gearboxes are preferred in these applications due to their compact size, high torque output, self-locking feature, and ability to provide a right-angle drive. However, selecting the right gearbox requires considering factors such as load, speed, efficiency, and environmental conditions.
Types of Worm Gear Configurations and Their Uses
Worm gear configurations vary based on the arrangement of the worm and the gear it engages with. Here are common types and their applications:
- Single Enveloping Worm Gear: This configuration offers high torque transmission and efficiency. It’s used in heavy-duty applications like mining equipment and industrial machinery.
- Double Enveloping Worm Gear: With increased contact area, this type provides higher load capacity and improved efficiency. It’s used in aerospace applications, robotics, and precision machinery.
- Non-Throated Worm Gear: This type has a cylindrical worm without a throat. It’s suitable for applications requiring precise motion control, such as CNC machines and robotics.
- Throated Worm Gear: Featuring a throat in the worm, this configuration offers smooth engagement and higher load capacity. It’s used in conveyors, elevators, and automotive applications.
- Non-Modular Worm Gear: In this design, the worm and gear are a matched set, resulting in better meshing and efficiency. It’s utilized in various industries where customization is essential.
- Modular Worm Gear: This type allows interchangeability of worm and gear components, providing flexibility in design and maintenance. It’s commonly used in conveyors, mixers, and material handling systems.
Selecting the appropriate worm gear configuration depends on factors such as load capacity, efficiency, precision, and application requirements. Consulting gearbox experts can help determine the best configuration for your specific needs.
editor by CX 2023-09-25